---How to Set a Site to Read only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have an old Site (NOT a Site Colleciton) that I want to set to "Read Only"

Is there any way to do that?

Thank you.

• Edited by eclipsen2002 Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:17 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:08 PM

Answers

• The only way I can think of is using permissions. You need to remove all existing permissions from the site, and assign everyone to View only permission. Be mindful that any web application level policies will still override this.

- Sid

• Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, February 24, 2012 9:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:59 PM
  • Just go to the subsite - break permission inheritance - then go to Site Actions --> Site Permission --> Check all of the boxes on the left of the User Groups --> Click on Edit User Permissions --> Check "<label for="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_ctl01_ctl00_cblRoles_3">Read - Can view pages and list items and download documents.</label>"

Brian T. Shell

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:34 PM

All replies

• The only way I can think of is using permissions. You need to remove all existing permissions from the site, and assign everyone to View only permission. Be mindful that any web application level policies will still override this.

- Sid

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:59 PM
  • Just go to the subsite - break permission inheritance - then go to Site Actions --> Site Permission --> Check all of the boxes on the left of the User Groups --> Click on Edit User Permissions --> Check "<label for="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_ctl01_ctl00_cblRoles_3">Read - Can view pages and list items and download documents.</label>"

Brian T. Shell

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:34 PM
  • Thank you, guys, I thought of this too...
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:06 PM