Task Sequence not appearing in Software Center RRS feed

• Question

• We have some software which is a collection of separate installers, so we've set it up as a Task Sequence. The Task Sequence has been deployed to a number of collections as a Required install, on some of the collections there is 100% success, but on a couple it's as low as 50%. When checking Software Center on the PCs which do not have the install, the Task Sequence is missing, so I cannot even force an install.

All of the PCs are on the same site, on the same VLAN, so Boundary Groups should not be an issue. I have checked the naming of the PCs and they all conform to the naming convention, so when I check the collection (which is dynamic) the PCs are listed. Can anyone shed any light on why some PCs are picking up the software but others are not? This issue persists even after leaving them powered on for a number of days.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:16 PM

Answers

• You can access the logs remotely pretty painlessly assuming you have proper permissions.  \\clientname\c$\windows\ccm\logs   

Fred Bainbridge | President, MNSCUG | Systems Consultant, Now Micro | fredbainbridge.com

• Proposed as answer by George Chengui Tuesday, October 11, 2016 2:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Dong Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:37 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:51 PM

All replies

• Are the device getting machine policy in a timely fashion?  (PolicyAgent.log)

Are there any maintenance windows in play?  (ServiceWindowsManager.log)

And for good measure check the LocationServices.log.

Any other deployments working for these devices?  

Good luck.

Fred Bainbridge | President, MNSCUG | Systems Consultant, Now Micro | fredbainbridge.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:34 PM
  • Applications and Packages are deploying ok, just a couple of Task Sequences that are being hit and miss. I'll check those logs when I get a chance, I presume they're on the client and not the server, however being in education it can be difficult getting time to access tutor PCs when the classrooms are heavily timetabled.
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:46 PM
  • You can access the logs remotely pretty painlessly assuming you have proper permissions.  \\clientname\c$\windows\ccm\logs   

• Proposed as answer by George Chengui Tuesday, October 11, 2016 2:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Dong Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:37 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:51 PM