Outlook 2016 Crashing when Adding Second Office 365 Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've got a user with Outlook 2016 v16.12 that is crashing when trying to add a second Office 365 account. The first one added with no problem but the second one causes the crash.

Any ideas?

• Edited by Phil Greenway Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:46 PM
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:20 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:46 PM

Answers

• So, I got the user to change their password in case there was some character in it that might be causing the crash. She changed her password and now can add the second account with no problems.
    • Marked as answer by Phil Greenway Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:13 AM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Phil Greenway,

As far as know, there is a known issue that Outlook 2016 for Mac crashes after the Cisco WebEx Productivity Tools plug-in is installed. Please check the details in this article to see whether this is the case for you.

If issue continues, please test this issue in a new profile to check the result.

Currently, I haven't found any official article about this issue. In case there was some corrupted user setting, please create a new Mac administrator and see if issue still exists in the new account.

What's more, if possible, you could also paste the detailed crash report here so we can do more research.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, April 23, 2018 8:21 AM
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:20 AM
  • Hi Phil Greenway,

How is everything going on with this issue?

Just to check whether the information above is helpful to you. If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 23, 2018 8:22 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Yeah, the user doesn't have the Cisco WebEx installed. We tried a new profile the same issue, crashed as soon as it's trying to be added (after putting in the email address). We also tried a new user account and it also crashes there too.

Cheers,

Phil

Sunday, April 29, 2018 11:32 PM
  • So, I got the user to change their password in case there was some character in it that might be causing the crash. She changed her password and now can add the second account with no problems.
    • Marked as answer by Phil Greenway Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:13 AM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:13 AM