Windows Fax & Scan - stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I don't use the fax so the answers about fixing the fax may not be relevant. 

I scanned two pictures and when I put the 3rd picture in it would not scan.  In trying to fix it I removed the scan profiles.  When I open scan profiles on the device the default button is not working and it won't let me add anything.

The tabs on the tool bar in the application do not work. 

Troubleshooting the device (HP Officejet Pro 8500) indicates that the device is working.

I assume the problem is with the application Fax & Scan but it is integrated into Windows and I don't see how to fix it.

Sunday, December 29, 2013 6:24 PM

Answers

• Remove driver for HP Officejet 8500 as well as software (HP provides tool for removing drivers). Restart your computer without printer (not connected), update your computer (important updates, no optional ones) and reinstall HP software (only what is needed for your work).

Whenever you report any problem, describe in more detailes what you did, then share your findings in Event logs and Device Manager.

If this procedure does not help, then contact HP support (and/or support forum) for help. You may have encountered error that other users had...

Regards

Milos

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:07 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 7:55 PM