this week in pictures RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create a rotating ad where I can schedule several pictures to change out monthly.

I'd figured to have an image gallery with a view set to filter by a start and end date range for each item, then use the "This Week in Pictures" to display the current image on the page. However the This Week in Pictures webpart doesn't seem to be tied to any view and shows any image in the library regardless. What determines the image displayed in this webpart?

Does anyone know how to point this webpart to a particular view or filter it itself? Or is there perhaps a better way of going about this task? I don't need the slideshow anyway (I'd expected to tweak the xsl to remove the links) just the ability to have a weekly rotating image banner that the owner can set months ahead.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have the same question.  Did you ever find a solution?  I can not get my "This Week in Pictures" to work either.

Thanks!

Kamie

kamelab@bigbend.edu

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:12 PM
  • figure this needs a bump to the top since i have the same problem.
    I need to rotate the pictures in the library atleast once a day, or set a filter to 24 hours to rotate it. So far  the web part show only the latest upload.
    Any body have any suggestions or a fix to rotate the pictures?
    I do not need a slideshow either.

Thanks
    TKM
    Thanks, always appreciate it
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 10:12 PM