Join MOSS 2007 to exsiting Fram but used own database RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

Our Company have  MOSS 2007 Server fram, I need to create new MOSS 2007 for used only our team, I need this server join to exsiting fram, I install SQL 2005 on this server, I need to keep all data on this NEW MOSS server kepp on local Database, Please tell me about step that I will complete job

Thank you for your support

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:00 AM

All replies

• If you want total isolation then i would recommend using two farms. IF only objective is to keep seperate SQL Server for capacity still keeping the one farm then you can always create new web application and content database's to use the new sql server which will spread your database to multiple servers which can be dedicated to server your team sites only.

The question is very open ended and i am not sure if i understand your requirment correclty so the response above might be very general.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, December 9, 2010 5:49 PM Sig removed. Do NOT ask people to mark your posts.
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:04 AM
  • Dear Sameer

Reson that I need to join to current fram is because Our company will provide mysite to user, and need to make achive record server ( we have MOSS site that our call center user key in call log, so they need to move log that have age over 90 day to other location )

for my site and record center they need to keep on other DB server,  I need you recommend and tell me which way that you recommend, if we can make 2 fram or 1 fram and 1 stand alone can work together on single domain is fine

Thank you for your support

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:34 AM
  • I would suggest single farm with two database servers just to keep it simple.
    - Create another SQL Server
    - Create New web application on existing WFE/App server to host the backup site for call logs use another SQL Server at this point (Content DB can be on seperate sql)
    - create the site for call log backup.

All this sounds simple but there are lot of steps. So we now have 1 FARM with 1 WFE/APP, 1 SQL (My Sites), 1 SQL (Call Logs)

Further for performance you can add additional WFE

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:50 AM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, December 9, 2010 5:48 PM Sig removed. Do NOT ask people to mark your posts.
    • Unmarked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, December 9, 2010 5:48 PM
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:12 AM
  • Dear Sameer

I install new server W2k3 name Server 2, and install SQL 2005 STD and create DB name MMOSS2DB, after that I install MOSS 2007 next step is configure MOSS server, I select option "connect to server farm" next it request connect to database server, I put "Server 2" but IT say can not find existing configuration DB" It mean this step I must connect to Current DB Server of this fram right?, and which step that I will used local DB

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:30 AM
  • while joining the to existing FARM give server name of original SQL Server. This is where all the farm configuration is stored. So there will be two SQL Server which your fam will use

1. Original SQL - This will have Farm Config, Central Admin, Web Applications all other applicaiton specific database like search, ssp

2. Second SQL - This will have only content DB which you will be creating from Central Admin.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, December 9, 2010 5:49 PM Sig removed. Do NOT ask people to mark your posts.
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:38 AM
  • Dear Sameer

Thank you for your very good support

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:51 AM