VISTA VS Optical Drives RRS feed

• Question

• I have two optical drives (one a Memorex, and one a Liteon) both of wich are up to date or new and were working fine until VISTA got it's hands on them. Now I am getting a code 10. HELP!!!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 11:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have the following suggestions for you.

Modify the Registry

====================

1. Click the Start Button, type regedit in the "Start Search" text box and then press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane, and then check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

5. Restart the computer

At same time, I would like to share the following article for you.

How To Fix Code 10 Error

http://www.instant-registry-fixes.org/how-to-fix-code-10-error/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 6:26 AM