none
Taskbar doesn't work - unresponsive RRS feed

• Question

• I just downloaded windows vista on a new computer, when I try to bring back the programs in the taskbar and click on program I cannot bring the program up, after reading help and support, found no solutions.  Help!
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 10:47 PM

Answers

• Hi I have a toshiba laptop that came with Windows Vista and I am having the same problem!
    I read a thread a while ago as to how to "temporarily" solve this problem, but it's not permanent and must do it on every start up which is VERY annoying!!!

*Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and open Task Manager.
    *Click Processes and scroll down (near the bottom) until you see "explorer.exe", click it and then End Process.
    *Go back to Applications, and click New Task...
    *Type in explorer.exe

VOILA !

It sucks it's only temporary but at least you can click your task bar now !
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hi, where you download the vista from?

What application are you using? And, is it got the Vista logo?(Which means it's certified on Vista)

Friday, March 2, 2007 1:49 AM
  • I also am having this problem having just upgraded from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate edition.  Everything else appears to be working, have update graphics drivers but nothing on the taskbar is selectable.  I cannot access systray icons either, either with left or right mouse buttons.

Any ideas?

Sunday, March 11, 2007 2:10 PM
  • Got it working now.  I had TweakXP pro installed prior to upgrade.  Didn't show up in compatibility but obviously wouldn't run on vista.  Couldn't install it with the add remove programs so had to do a dirty uninstall.  Did that, rebooted, full functionality on taskbar.  I didn't do anything else so it must be related.

Sunday, March 11, 2007 5:06 PM
  • So, again is 3rd party software problem......
    Monday, March 12, 2007 8:20 AM
  • Maybe not...

...just booted today and problem is back!  Will have a dig around see if I can see what is going on.  Most curious.

Monday, March 12, 2007 6:11 PM
  • The problem maybe due to the that Tweak did not fully uninstalled.

BY the way, If the software is not certified on XP, I think the compatibility wizard may get wrong report to you.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:41 AM
  • Hi I have a toshiba laptop that came with Windows Vista and I am having the same problem!
    I read a thread a while ago as to how to "temporarily" solve this problem, but it's not permanent and must do it on every start up which is VERY annoying!!!

*Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and open Task Manager.
    *Click Processes and scroll down (near the bottom) until you see "explorer.exe", click it and then End Process.
    *Go back to Applications, and click New Task...
    *Type in explorer.exe

VOILA !

It sucks it's only temporary but at least you can click your task bar now !
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:29 PM
  • hey, that task manager trick worked.thx hope someday we can fix this thing permanently.too bad all the current day comps have vista and well i just got mine.vista is a pain.if i find out a permanent solution then i will immediately post it here.
    Monday, August 3, 2009 4:40 AM