none
Orphaned Site URL's on Create Project Site RRS feed

• Question

• I am taking the project over so I am not sure what was done to cause this in the past but some custom reports reply on the Site URL ending in a Product code (Ex http://company.com/PWA/PRD-232)

It seems at some point someone created/deleted 'PWA/PRD-232' because I cannot create a new site with it (get an error: "Error" popup with nothing in the Event Log)

The site doesn't exist though if you try to go to the URL and I can create new sites like PDR-232x and they work fine.  Maybe this URL name is orphaned somewhere? 

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:26 PM

All replies

• More Info: Project Server 2010

Here is if you try to Edit the URL from the Site settings:

Error

Cannot rename "E11-025x" to "E11-025": destination already exists.

Correlation ID: 665eb883-dcd2-4c83-879a-e9461e5d2dad

Date and Time: 11/28/2012 8:08:05 AM

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:08 PM
  • Hi there--

Yes, project site might be existing in COntent database. 
    Are you able to get into the deleteweb option using the below URL (Please replace the servername/pwa url with the one you have).
    https://Servername/PWA/PRD-232/_layouts/deleteweb.aspx

Please make sure if this not used by any other project , You can check the project sites from PWA> Server Settings> project Sites>. If the site is already there & you are able to access the site from Site colection administartor's account. You can edit the site for a project using the project sites from server settings.

If you are able to delete the web from above option, try to create a site for the project on publish. 

Alternatively, if you are not able to delete the site from UI, You may try with stsadm -o deletesite
    or with powershell.

Hope that helps.

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:23 AM
  • I get a 403 when I try https://Servername/PWA/PRD-232/_layouts/deleteweb.aspx

The site also isn't listed under the Project Sites.  I was looking into trying to use:
    stsadm -o deletesite -force -siteid e2a114b8-80c9-41f6-87bf-3feddf2ad9b6 -databaseserver DS1 -databasename DB1

But I am unsure where to get the GUID from because I can't seem to find anything about the site.  All that i know is that it is taking up the URL Path /PWA/PRD-232/ because I can't change/create it.  The Error Entry in SP also doesn't any anything about the site GUID when you try to create a new Site with the same Code you just get:

Exception occurred in method Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Admin.CreateWssSite Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Cannot complete this action.  Please try again. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Cannot complete this action.  Please try again.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.OpenWebInternal(String bstrUrl, Guid& pguidID, String& pbstrRequestAccessEmail, UInt32& pwebVersion, String& pbstrServerRelativeUrl, UInt32& pnLanguage, UInt32& pnLocale, String& pbstrDefaultTheme, String& pbstrDefaultThemeCSSUrl, String& pbstrThemedCssFolderUrl, String& pbstrAlternateCSSUrl, String& pbstrCustomizedCssFileList, String& pbstrCustomJSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateHeaderUrl, String& pbstrMasterUrl, String& pbstrCustomMasterUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoDescription, Object& pvarUser, Boolean& pvarIsAuditor, Int32& plSiteFlags, Boolean& pbOverwriteMUICultures, Boolean& pbMUIEnabled, String& pbstrAlternateMUICultures, Int32& puiVersion, Int16& pnClientTag)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.OpenWebInternal(String bstrUrl, Guid& pguidID, String& pbstrRequestAccessEmail, UInt32& pwebVersion, String& pbstrServerRelativeUrl, UInt32& pnLanguage, UInt32& pnLocale, String& pbstrDefaultTheme, String& pbstrDefaultThemeCSSUrl, String& pbstrThemedCssFolderUrl, String& pbstrAlternateCSSUrl, String& pbstrCustomizedCssFileList, String& pbstrCustomJSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateHeaderUrl, String& pbstrMasterUrl, String& pbstrCustomMasterUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoDescription, Object& pvarUser, Boolean& pvarIsAuditor, Int32& plSiteFlags, Boolean& pbOverwriteMUICultures, Boolean& pbMUIEnabled, String& pbstrAlternateMUICultures, Int32& puiVersion, Int16& pnClientTag)     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.SharePointWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass10.<WSSWebExists>b__f()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.SharePointWrapper.WSSWebExists(String wssWebFullUrl)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.SharePointWrapper.<>c__DisplayClassd.<CheckSPWebUrl>b__c()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.SharePointWrapper.CheckSPWebUrl(String inUrl, Boolean checkSPWebPresence, Boolean comingFromPwa, String& refSPWebName, String& refNormalizedUrl)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Admin.CreateWssSiteContent(Guid projectUID, Guid wssServerUID, String wssWebFullUrl, Int32 webTemplateLcid, String webTemplateName)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Admin.CreateWssSite(Guid projectUID, Guid wssServerUID, String wssWebFullUrl, Int32 webTemplateLcid, String webTemplateName)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Wcf.Implementation.WssInteropImpl.CreateWssSite(Guid projectUID, Guid wssServerUID, String wssWebFullUrl, Int32 webTemplateLcid, String webTemplateName)

Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:12 PM
  • Hi,

Run the below query on the content database and check if the site is present in the database.

select * from webs.

If it is a orphan site then try running the below commands and check fi you can remove the site.

• To detect orphaned items, use the following command line:
      stsadm -o databaserepair -url http://<var>URLofWindowsSharePointServicesSite</var> -databasename <var>DatabaseName</var>
    • To delete orphaned items, use the following command line:
      stsadm -o databaserepair -url http://<var>URLofWindowsSharePointServicesSite</var> -databasename <var>DatabaseName</var> -deletecorruption

Monday, December 3, 2012 4:11 AM
  • Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:47 AM
  • Unfortunately the databaserepair didn’t work and the site isn’t in MSP_PROJECT.  The issue is that I can’t change the URL to something formally used.  I am not sure what kind of things the person did prior to this former URL, but it still must be lingering in some table other than the Major ones (I already checked MSP_Project & AllWebs) The Orhpaned Full Url isn't listed

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:15 PM