• hello friends

I need to insert one row from source to detsination but it gives me error;

I used ;

1.cast(getdate() as date) start_date

2.cast(getdate() as datetime) start_date

3.'3/4/2013' as start_date

4.'2013/4/3' as start_date

evrything i have tried but still i'm getting below error;

[OLE DB Destination [103]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
    An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "(null)"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "Error 100 : Error moving data for column Start_Date__c with status 0".

[OLE DB Destination [103]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_INDUCEDTRANSFORMFAILUREONERROR.  The "input "OLE DB Destination Input" (116)" failed because error code 0xC020907B occurred, and the error row disposition on "input "OLE DB Destination Input" (116)" specifies failure on error. An error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED.  The ProcessInput method on component "OLE DB Destination" (103) failed with error code 0xC0209029 while processing input "OLE DB Destination Input" (116). The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue this is very urgent.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:49 AM

Answers

• hi bi grup,

Major issue you can get from the format of DATE in SSIS, To solve your issus do to Data Source and wherever date fields are their just change its data type and make sure your package level Data type for DATE and SQL DATE have same format likq "yyyy:mm:dd" otherwise you will not be able to insert records resulting package failure... Refer below link to understand what i wanted to say.. https://www.simple-talk.com/sql/ssis/working-with-ssis-data-types/

• Proposed as answer by Bhushan W Juare Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Yin Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:04 AM

All replies

• Have you done the mapping betweenb source field (start_date) and destination field start_date_c?

What is the data type of destination field?

Nitesh Rai- Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:30 AM
  • both are date type
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:35 AM
  • It seems that the source is null. May you please check that what adata is coming from source before insert this data in destination?

Please use a data viewer to check the data.

• Proposed as answer by Amit Gill Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:11 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by BI_Support Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:24 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:11 PM
  • hi bi grup,

Major issue you can get from the format of DATE in SSIS, To solve your issus do to Data Source and wherever date fields are their just change its data type and make sure your package level Data type for DATE and SQL DATE have same format likq "yyyy:mm:dd" otherwise you will not be able to insert records resulting package failure... Refer below link to understand what i wanted to say.. https://www.simple-talk.com/sql/ssis/working-with-ssis-data-types/

• Proposed as answer by Bhushan W Juare Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Yin Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:04 AM