none
File deleted but is not in Recycle Bin RRS feed

• Question

• One of our users stated a document was recently deleted when they checked it in. The audit log reports show it was deleted by the user but it is not in the Recycle Bin which has the default settings (30 day retention) and is enabled. Event data shows "<Version><AllVersions/></Version><Recycle>0<Recycle>" meaning it is permanently deleted.

I tested the Recycle Bin with another document using normal delete process and the document shows up in the Recycle Bin. How can the Recycle Bin be bypassed previously? Is this even possible?
    Monday, May 11, 2009 8:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, please check the date time that the file was deleted, if you have configured to delete item in Recycle Bin after 30 days, the files are scheduled to be deleted from Recycle Bin after 30 days. If it is not the issue, please try to check if someone deletes the file from the site permanently (Site Settings > Site Collection Recycle Bin>deleted from end user Recycle Bin)

Let me know the result.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:48 AM

All replies

• Please check if the document is in "Site Collection Recycle Bin".

Regards,

Farhan
    http://farhanfaiz.wordpress.com
    Monday, May 11, 2009 10:43 PM
  • It is not in either the End User Recycle Bin or the Site Collection Recycle Bin. That is what puzzles me.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:38 PM
  • Hi,

Firstly, please check the date time that the file was deleted, if you have configured to delete item in Recycle Bin after 30 days, the files are scheduled to be deleted from Recycle Bin after 30 days. If it is not the issue, please try to check if someone deletes the file from the site permanently (Site Settings > Site Collection Recycle Bin>deleted from end user Recycle Bin)

Let me know the result.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

As I stated, the "document was recently deleted when they checked it in" so the 30 day window is not even an issue. The document was deleted during the check-in process.

Jody
    Monday, June 15, 2009 9:43 PM
  • Hi,

As I stated, the "document was recently deleted when they checked it in" so the 30 day window is not even an issue. The document was deleted during the check-in process.

Jody

What do you mean by "deleted during the check-in process"?  Was it deleted before or after check-in?  If it was deleted before it was ever checked-in, then there was never truly a record of it.
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:42 AM
  • Ha just found out my team was saying a whole folder was deleted, but it was actually moved to a different folder. Don't forget to check when someone says it was deleted! Especially if it is not in the recycle bin!

NewtoProject

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 5:41 PM