Windows 7 Fullscreen and Edge Snap locations incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• I've had this problem since Windows 7 RC1.  It is really annoying and seems to be happening a lot to me lately.

On my dual monitor Windows 7 setup, for whatever reason when I try to set a window to full screen it will only fill in 3/4 of the width of the screen.  If I drag a window past that boundary, the window will 'snap' into the incorrect spot.

I recorded a small video showing the behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqiRd6zrOOY

The only fix is to reboot, which I'm sick of doing every day.

• Edited by Kyle Latzke Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:46 PM Added Link
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Kyle,

Does it occur all the monitors?

Please make sure your PCs’ video card driver is the latest firstly.

Then move the resolution to the location which is apply to you:

Control Panel->Display->Change display settings, change resolution to your screen use.

Meanwhile, please read following article as a reference:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/organization/twomonitors.aspx#fbid=tcyN3AKF1X2

Best regards,

Karen Hu

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:44 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Kyle Latzke Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:55 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:05 AM
  • I believe I can reproduce the problem, (sometimes).  I begin by logging into my computer using Remote Desktop.

Then while still logged in remotely I log back into the actual computer.  It tells me my current session will disconnect or something similar.

Once logged in my edges aren't setup properly like in the video I posted.  Changing resolutions doesn't fix the problem, there is still a gap
    between the left edge of the screen and the fullscreen window at any resolution, all the way down to 800x600.

I took screencaps of the problem at 1280x1024 and 800x600. At both resolutions there appears to be a roughly 266 pixel gap between the left edge and the fullscreen window.

When viewed at full resolution the above images have the same, roughly 266px gap on the left side of the screen.

Thanks

- Kyle

• Edited by Kyle Latzke Monday, June 10, 2013 12:54 PM added more text.
    Monday, June 10, 2013 12:46 PM