none
Office - problem date format (Roman numerals) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with date format (Roman numerals) in Excel 2007 (Office Professional Plus) since installation on my computer. I can't set a mask of the date to "Roman numerals" (for example 1.3.2001 -> III-01). I have set national enviroment to "Czech language (Czech Republic)". This kind of the date format is supported for that language. The problem is, there is no issue in the list of masks like "III-01". This mask is listed in my collegue computer but not in my. There is mask "3-01" in my computer on the same position where my collegue has "III-01".

I have tried to use own mask "mmm.rr", but still it returns "3-01" instead of "III-01". On my collegue computer the same mask returns "III-01".

A difference between my computer and my collegue computer is, that I have WIN 7 and he has WIN XP. But both of us we have absolutelly the same version of Excel (Office).

Please, help me - I have to use the Roman numerals format of a date.

Thank you,

Vaclav

• Moved by Jennifer ZhanModerator Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:51 AM (From:Office 2007 Application Compatibility)
    Monday, September 20, 2010 10:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Use Roman numerals with the Roman function. Select the cell to contain a Roman numeral and enter the function "=ROMAN(" in the Formula bar. Select the cell with the number to change and press "Enter."

For more information about Roman Function in Excel, you can refer to this article: 

http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/roman.php

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for you answer.

Your solution works fine for separated number (for example 25 -> XXV), but it doesn't work for whole date (15.7.2010 -> #VALUE!).

Please, help me.

Thank you

Monday, September 27, 2010 10:13 AM
  • Bonsour®

"Vaclav Sedo" a écrit

thank you for you answer.
    Your solution works fine for separated number (for example 25 -> XXV), but it
    doesn't work for whole date (15.7.2010 -> #VALUE!).

=ROMAN(YEAR(Wholedate),3)&"-"&TEXT(Wholedate,"mm")

display : MMX-07
    display : MMI-09

HTH

Maude Este
    Monday, September 27, 2010 10:47 AM