none
Name resolution for the name account-public-service-prod03.ol.epicgames.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. RRS feed

• Question

• So when I was playing a game, my internet randomly went out and when I went into the windows logs it said, "Name resolution for the name account-public-service-prod03.ol.epicgames.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." I think I could of been ddos and was wondering if anyone knows if this is related to ddosing.
    Monday, July 15, 2019 6:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Dante,

It absolutely can be.
    It can be your internal DNS server (which is likely your router), or your public DNS (which is provided by your ISP or a public DNS defined by you).

If the port for DNS isn't open from the internet (which usually isn't), it should not be your internal DNS being targeted.
    In this case it would be the Public DNS which would have issues.

However it may also be an issue with the DNS functionality of your internal router/server, but if so it would not likely be related to an DDOS attack.

Best regards

Please mark answer as proposed answer if my solution works for you.

• Proposed as answer by AntoonBouw Monday, July 15, 2019 9:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dante Riley Monday, July 15, 2019 9:54 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Dante Riley Monday, July 15, 2019 9:55 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2019 9:22 AM
  • How would I find out if it was from someone ddosing me?
    Monday, July 15, 2019 9:55 PM
  • You can check the connections on your DNS servers.
    If there is a spike in the amount of connections (not the bandwith), it is likely a DDOS attack.

DDOSing is more about the amount of simultanious connections, not the bandwith.

Please mark answer as proposed answer if my solution works for you.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:50 AM
  • how do I check the connections of the dns servers? Can you explain all the steps to find out if I was ddosed?
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:43 PM