PIDF-LO Not Being Sent To SBC (Session Border Control) RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of implementing e911 for a location of ours.  We've been running into a problem that I was hoping someone could shed some light on.  I will provide the synopsis below.

Situation: E911 service needs to be provided in our plant located in IL.  Users that dial either with their soft client or phone traverse our WAN to our site in IN, and then out our SIP Trunk provided by AT&T.  If a user was to dial 911, the operator thinks they are calling from the IN location.

Proposed Solution: We've contracted with a third party vendor (RedSky) to manage our E911 call flow.  They manage the 'Location' within Skype for Business.  We have provided them with a list of IP addresses and the location in which they coorespond to.  Each users client shows that there location is managed by RedSky.  For this to show up correctly, RedSky sends PIDF-LO to the clients, and the client must then store it.  When testing, we dial 311, and it shows up at RedSky as a 911 call.

Issue:  The issue is that RedSky is NOT receiving PIDF-LO from our users.  If a user dials RedSky, the ELIN that they are read back is their DID.

Troubleshooting: The Sonus SBC is configured to pass PIDF-LO.  It shows up to the SBC as an 'Emergency' call, and is routed appropriately to RedSky.  PIDF-LO support is set to 'True' in all trunks in Skype for Business.

Question: Even though RedSky 'manages' the location of the clients / phones, do we need to still populate our own CSLIS Database (CsLisSubnet)?

Sunday, May 21, 2017 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi ScoobyDoo,

As I am concerned, although you state that RedSky manage the location within Skype for business, we still need to Configure, populate, and publish the E9-1-1 location database in Skype for Business Server Enterprise Voice as the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg413069.aspx

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 22, 2017 5:49 AM
  • Hi,

I spoke with RedSky today, and asked if we needed to publish this information to our data store, and they said that we did not.  Now I'm getting 2 conflicting reports.  I've already opened a 'Paid Support' case with MS, and the technician I'm working with doesn't seem to know the exact answers either.  Who at MS can I talk to to get definitive proof on what needs to be done?

Chris

Monday, May 22, 2017 11:18 PM
  • Hi Scooby,

We are also facing the same issue in our environment, Did you find the solution for this issue? if Yes could you please share the resolution.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Madhesh K

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:57 PM