Restore SharePoint 2007 vis SQL Database from one domain to another RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently working on a project to restore SharePoint 2007 database. Initially SharePoint 2007 was installed with SQL 2005 and was done under domain named “mycompany”.

I have a SQL backup of SharePoint directly from SQL 2005 which is about 15 GB. I would like see if it is possible to install SharePoint 2007 under domain name “company”, install SQL 2005, and attempt to restore from backup the SQL database.  I have all the logins for SQL SA and SharePoint administrator.

I am attempting to restore SharePoint 2007 via SQL database from one domain to completely separate domain. The original domain no longer exists and there is only a SQL backup of SharePoint DBs.

Thanks...

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 12:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Short answer is you can do. See this similar thread for your ref:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointadminlegacy/thread/e547a497-7e17-4632-a636-85f0055effdf

Hope it could help

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:26 AM
  • Hi,

Short answer is you can do. See this similar thread for your ref:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointadminlegacy/thread/e547a497-7e17-4632-a636-85f0055effdf

Hope it could help

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

I am not sure if the solution referenced will work in my case.

The old servers, both domain controller and SharePoint server for "mycompany" no longer exist. I only have a SQL backup for SharePoint data from the server that was running under "mycompany" domain.

I plan to setup a new SharePoint/SQL Servers under new domain "company" and attempt to restore SQL DB then attempt to install SharePoint 2007. Not sure of the steps to follow, for example should I perform the following 1) Setup SQL Server 2005 2) Mount SharePoint SQL DB to SQL Server 3) Install SharePoint 2007 Application ...not sure exactly.

Thanks....B

• Edited by Bluem1 Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:17 AM
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:16 AM