none
Predecessor visible in column but not in properties RRS feed

  • Question

  • I set predecessors in my project (MS Project Professional 2010) and the tasks are responding as expected. When i start the Task Information for a task and look in the Predecessors tab, there isn't the predecessor visible.

    When i set a predecessor there, it works good and i see the Task Name and Type. When I choose OK, the task respond to the chosen settings. If I choose the Task Information again, the information isn't visible. But everything is acting like i choose. 

    This is not with all project, but with few. When I start a new project, i have the same problem.

    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:14 AM

Answers

  • Hi Patricia,

    It seems like your project is corrupted. Can you reproduce this issue on a blank new file? Before recreating your global, I'd suggest to save the project as XML and import it back as an mpp file to see if it helps. If it occurs to be related to the application and not the project itself, try to repair MS Project from the control panel.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:24 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi Patricia,

    Quite a weird issue, I've never heard of this bug! Just a silly question (I'm sure you already check it...), have you ensured that the vertical scrollbar is at the top of the task information dialog box?

    I'd suggest to update MS Project Pro 2010 to the last version (at least SP2).

    Then I'd try to repair MS Project from the control panel.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:30 AM
    Moderator
  • Hello Guillaume,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I checked your suggestions. We have SP2 installed. What i noticed was that an older project doesn't have the issue. So I looked at the Project Options, Schedule and Advanced, for differences but there are none.

    I get the feeling that it maybe is something in our own global during adjustments through the months (bug).

    I have created a test schedule and in an online viewer (365), you see the precessors, but not in MS Project 2010.

    Do you have suggestions before a recreate our own global from scratch?

    I can't  insert a hyperlink yet so here is the full path to our project file, wetransfer.

    https://iv-groep.wetransfer.com/downloads/9010d4e73c6e3bcd54a6071faeb7bdb620150401092911/baeff3b41eb95382daed3effd18b817320150401092911/74c832 

    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:39 AM
  • Hi Patricia,

    It seems like your project is corrupted. Can you reproduce this issue on a blank new file? Before recreating your global, I'd suggest to save the project as XML and import it back as an mpp file to see if it helps. If it occurs to be related to the application and not the project itself, try to repair MS Project from the control panel.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:24 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Guillaume,

    Thanks for the tip about the XML save and open as new project again. Then the problem is solved!

    So it is probably a problem in the global and i create another one. Thanks to you I have a workaround for the current projects!

    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:49 AM
  • You're welcome Patricia!

    Before rebuilding the global, be sure that it is not just an issue on a few specific projects, it might save you time.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:02 PM
    Moderator