none
Applocker Policies on Windows 8.1

Question

• Hi,

I have an applocker policy that blocks a particular program. this works fine on Windows 7 and displays a message to the end user, telling them the application is blocked. On windows 8.1 however, its a different story, the application blocks, but does not notify the end user. has anyone else experienced this and if so did they resolve it? I really need the end user being notified the app has been blocked.

Thanks

Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

-->On windows 8.1 however, its a different story, the application blocks, but does not notify the end user.

It's really odd. Did you has other Windows 8.1 client computer in the domain? Please use other user accounts to logon other Windows 8.1 client computers, then check if all encounter the same issue.

In addition, please refer to following TechNet article and check if can help you.

Plan for AppLocker Policy Management

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 27, 2015 6:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

-->On windows 8.1 however, its a different story, the application blocks, but does not notify the end user.

It's really odd. Did you has other Windows 8.1 client computer in the domain? Please use other user accounts to logon other Windows 8.1 client computers, then check if all encounter the same issue.

In addition, please refer to following TechNet article and check if can help you.

Plan for AppLocker Policy Management

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 27, 2015 6:27 PM
  • Hi,

Would you please let us know current situation of this issue? If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:42 AM