PowerShell ISE fails to start in Build 10240 RRS feed

• Question

• This one's got me stumped.

I'm running Win 10 TP Build 10240 in Virtual Box.

PowerShell Command line works just fine.

PowerShellISE 64 Bit crashes on load.

I've run SFC and it reports all OK.
    I've scanned the registry and can't find anything amiss there either.
    I've also attempted to run directly from the .exe file in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\V1.0

BTW: The PowerShellISE runs just fine on my Laptop with a native install of Win10 TP 10240!

Any Ideas?

UPDATE: Sorry I forgot my etiquette this is cross posted at Windows Secrets Louge -

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/170231-PowerShellISE-Crashing-on-Win-10-TP

Monday, July 27, 2015 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Retired007Geek,

Windows Powershell ISE works at my side, Windows 10 build 10240, Hyper-V Virtual Machine:

I checked the article below and can't find any special requirements when running Powershell ISE:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Dd819514.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please try to lanuch it again, and if any errors pops out, take a screenshot and share it here.

Things that we may give it a try:

1. Check at the Virtual Box side and see if there are amy compatibility issues; 

2. check for the screen resolution;

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:27 AM
  • Michael,

Here's the error message I get:

Well, I can't post the picture of the message as I keep getting a pop-up about not being able to post images until my account is verified. But of course it doesn't tell me how to get it verified. You would think that MS would know who I am by now as this account dates from the PASSPORT days.

Just so you know the message says:

Windows PowerShell ISE

Windows PowerShell ISE has stopped working

Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

Of course it never comes up with one!

R.G.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:30 AM