Skype for Business 2015/2016 can't share anything to lync clients which are in Supression Mode RRS feed

• Question

• The following problem occurs with Skype for Business 2015/2016.

Steps to reproduce:

1. User1 uses Skype for Business 2015/2016.
    2. User2 uses any lync client (e.g. SfB 2015) in Supression Mode.
    3. User2 is signing in to lync via simple test lync client, that can do only signing in.
    4. User1 can't share anything to User2: 
    • In SfB 2016 sharing button is disabled:
    • In Sfb 2015 while attempt to share error message appears (An error is occured while screen sharing) and sharing isn't started:       
    • Edited by Union33 Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:53 AM
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did the issue also happen between normal SFB client (not Lync\SFB SDK client) or just happen with SFB SDK client?

If the issue also happen with normal SFB clients, then please double check if there is any conference policy to block it.

If the issue just happen with SFB SDK clients, then as I know, SFB SDK client in UI suppression could restrict the feature. Please double check the SFB SDK configuration.

As the issue also related with SFB SDK client, you can also post a case on MSDN forum and there are more SFB developing experts will help to solve it. Thanks for your understanding.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=SfB

Best Regards 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Friday, June 17, 2016 6:58 AM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 6:44 AM
  • Hi, thanks for answer!

This issue happens only in Suppression Mode.

So with normal SBF client sharing feature is enabled.

But if I use Suppression Mode, this means I can't run SFB client, because I need to develop my custom client and via it sign in to Lync.

If you think this problem connected with SDK in Suppresion mode, then okay, I posted my problem on MSDN forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a046da9-fdfb-45fb-8863-f1a1cc876ed0/skype-for-business-20152016-cant-share-anything-to-lync-clients-which-are-in-supression-mode?forum=communicatorsdk

• Edited by Union33 Friday, June 17, 2016 10:39 AM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 10:37 AM