none
Unable to run batch file in USB depoyment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

First of I want to say that i am not an expert in this and merely taking over for someone who left the company.

I am moving the image deployment from network to USB.

I was able to create a bootable USB, and migrate the settings as well.
    However a few of the steps which run after the WIM install call for batch files to run.

One calls for a Proxy activation, and a few call for .exe to install because it was too complicated to have those apps as actual steps.

Inititally the batch files were just called from the \\ XXXMDT\deploymentshare$\ folder, but now i need to have them run directly from the USB, and cant figure out how to do it.

For example,

I have changed the entry in the control\ts.xml file to  <action>cmd.exe /f %systemroot%\proxy.bat</action>

F is because the USB maps as the F:\ and the proxy.bat now resides in the root of the USB stick, but the deployment process just ends up sitting at that step.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Monday, November 24, 2014 8:26 PM

All replies

• Typically I would recomend adding application and configuration packages as "applications" in the MDT console. That way if you were to convert from Network to USB deployments the application "package" would get properly migrated to the USB share.

Additionally, another way is to place any configuration scripts into the \\XXXMDT\DeploymentShare$\scripts folder, which is also generally copied to the USB share. Then you can call the script with the following step in your Task Sequence:

cmd.exe /c %ScriptRoot%\Proxy.bat

Don't forget to add logging into your proxy.bat file.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 5:13 PM