none
DPM 2010 Total data size calculation incorrect. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,
                 I am trying to backup a specific folder (mostly with .doc and .docx files) from a Windows Server 2003. When I select the specific folder (25GB size) and reach the "Review Disk Allocaton" I see that Total Data Size is 500Gb which is the total data size of the whole volume when it should be just 25GB. For some reason it seems that a single folder can not be backed up?

I am sure you all can tell that I am a newbie at DPM 2010.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please click on the "calculate" link in the protection group wizard while on the disk allocation screen and it will inquiry the actual directory size and adjust the allocation accordingly.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please click on the "calculate" link in the protection group wizard while on the disk allocation screen and it will inquiry the actual directory size and adjust the allocation accordingly.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:10 PM
  • Yep, that did it. Thank you very much for a quick reply Mike. It just takes few moments before it comes up with correct allocation and I wasn't patient enough.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:44 PM