How do I pin the "switch between windows" option to the task bar? RRS feed

• Question

• I looked it up online and all I can seem to do is pin the quick launch bar to it. I want it back like it was on windows vista where it is only a small icon on the task bar by its self. I tried creating a short cut and then posing it on the task bar but that doesn't work. Can anyone help?
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:28 PM

Answers

• You can try the steps below to create a Switch Between Windows shortcut and then pin it to the Taskbar or QuickLaunch bar. I have tried it and it worked wonderfully. Here are the detailed steps:

1.     Right-click on the desktop, click New -> Shortcut.

2.     Type C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe DwmApi #105 into the "Type the location of the item" box, and then click Next.

3.     Type a name for the shortcut such as Switch Between Windows into the "Type a name for the shortcut" box, and then click Finish.

4.     Right-click on the created new shortcut, and then click Properties.

5.     On the Shortcut tab, click Change Icon… button.

6.     Type %SystemRoot%\System32\imageres.dll into the "Look for icons in this file" box and then press ENTER.

7.     Double click the Flip-3D icon (which should be the first icon), and then click OK.

Please double click the shortcut and see if it works. If so, you can pin it to the Taskbar or drag it to the QuickLaunch bar.

Also, here are some shortcuts to switch between programs:

Alt+Tab

Switch between open items

Ctrl+Alt+Tab

Use the arrow keys to switch between open items

Windows logo key +Tab

Cycle through programs on the taskbar by using Aero Flip 3-D

Ctrl+Windows logo key +Tab

Use the arrow keys to cycle through programs on the taskbar by using Aero Flip 3-D

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by asus owner Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:03 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 7:10 AM

All replies

• You can try the steps below to create a Switch Between Windows shortcut and then pin it to the Taskbar or QuickLaunch bar. I have tried it and it worked wonderfully. Here are the detailed steps:

1.     Right-click on the desktop, click New -> Shortcut.

2.     Type C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe DwmApi #105 into the "Type the location of the item" box, and then click Next.

3.     Type a name for the shortcut such as Switch Between Windows into the "Type a name for the shortcut" box, and then click Finish.

4.     Right-click on the created new shortcut, and then click Properties.

5.     On the Shortcut tab, click Change Icon… button.

6.     Type %SystemRoot%\System32\imageres.dll into the "Look for icons in this file" box and then press ENTER.

7.     Double click the Flip-3D icon (which should be the first icon), and then click OK.

Please double click the shortcut and see if it works. If so, you can pin it to the Taskbar or drag it to the QuickLaunch bar.

Also, here are some shortcuts to switch between programs:

Alt+Tab

Switch between open items

Ctrl+Alt+Tab

Use the arrow keys to switch between open items

Windows logo key +Tab

Cycle through programs on the taskbar by using Aero Flip 3-D

Ctrl+Windows logo key +Tab

Use the arrow keys to cycle through programs on the taskbar by using Aero Flip 3-D

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by asus owner Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:03 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 7:10 AM
  • Nice feature- thanks for sharing!
    Fletch

Monday, February 15, 2010 9:47 AM
  • Thanks for the help.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:03 AM
  • My pleasure. :-)
    Friday, February 19, 2010 1:46 AM
  • Thank you so much!! Have been loooking for this for a long time. 
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:45 AM