Adding/Viewing Advance Health Directives RRS feed

• Question

• I see there is an Advance Directive Thing for HV, and that the state of Virginia has a Directive registry connected to HV.

I scanned my initialed/witnessed/signed Advance Health Directive, saved it as a PDF, and uploaded it as a Document (File) in HV, but that doesn't seem to be the way it should be done. How will anyone ever find it if they don't know where it's at?

1. What's the current poop on Advance Directive for HV?

2. How can/should a patients enter/view/share their Advance Directive data and signed document?

3. What is the possibility that there will be an option (ala Allergies) for entering/viewing Advance Directive data/documents?

4. Are there any tools/apps in the works for this?

5. What other questions should I be asking and should I be asking them, here?

- Tom

• Edited by PETStech Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:31 PM
    Saturday, July 6, 2013 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hi, Tom,

We do have an Advance Directive data type in HealthVault. You can add Advanced Directives only through apps right now, because we don't yet have a UI to add Advance Directives at healthvault.com.

It looks like the virginiaregistry.org that you mentioned can add Advance Directives, but I haven't tried it myself to confirm. Another app, which you can find in the HealthVault App Directory, is Shared Care Plan, available in WA, OR, and AK.

It's good to know that this is functionality that you're interested in seeing expanded.

Yes, this is a great place to ask questions and make feature requests. Sorry it took so long to answer this time.

-Kathy-

Friday, July 26, 2013 10:31 PM

All replies

• Hi, Tom,

We do have an Advance Directive data type in HealthVault. You can add Advanced Directives only through apps right now, because we don't yet have a UI to add Advance Directives at healthvault.com.

It looks like the virginiaregistry.org that you mentioned can add Advance Directives, but I haven't tried it myself to confirm. Another app, which you can find in the HealthVault App Directory, is Shared Care Plan, available in WA, OR, and AK.

It's good to know that this is functionality that you're interested in seeing expanded.

Yes, this is a great place to ask questions and make feature requests. Sorry it took so long to answer this time.

-Kathy-

Friday, July 26, 2013 10:31 PM
  • Kathy,

Thanks for the information. I will research the advance directive issues further and look into Share Care Plan to see what is being done, there.

NoMoreClipboard has added some AHD info to my PHR, but (1) it is mis-Typed (as 'Lab Test Results') and (2) I have not added any AHD data via the NoMoreClipboard app; so those are real problems. I've alerted NMC of that issues, but have yet to receive a reply.

Since AHD are legal documents, I'd like to know how they are treated/accepted when in a PHR. Anyone at HVDC have a clue?

BTW, if you would, please take a look at http://PHR4us.com. Sean is aware of this project which I just started work on June 30. It's present status is 'alpha', but that can change quickly once I get a few alpha testers and feedback.

- Tom

• Edited by PETStech Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:24 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:48 PM
  • I've been looking for a way to add health directives as well.  I cannot locate any app called Shared Care Plan.  Is there at least a way to put DNR somewhere in the file if entire directives are not an option?
    Friday, October 25, 2013 9:28 AM