Changes Made with ProClarity Desktop Professional to local bbk files not taking RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I create a new book and page I save it locally in MyDocuments on my local C: drive. When I reopen a .bbk file with ProClarity 6.3 Desktop Professional (the client tool) and save it the changes are being saved. If I reopen this same .bbk file, the changes are not there even though the file "Date Modified" that shows in Windows Explorer shows a new data.

Does anyone know why that changes made with a local file using the client copy of ProClarity 6.3 Desktop Professional wouldn't be saved? I have been recreating completly new books each time becuase I can't seem to modify the file.

Thanks

g
    • Edited by Croix Monday, March 21, 2011 1:23 AM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 5:18 PM

Answers

• So, for you guys that are wondering what the answer is, how you can save the changes you have made to a ProClarity chart or report, I have figured it out.

The .bbk file is also known as a Briefing Book. Each report or chart that you have in the briefing book is called a "page". In the ProClarity client tool you can see pages and structure of your briefing book by selecting the menu item "Book" and then "Show Briefing Book". You can think of the "page" sort of like a "Sheet" or tab inside an Excel Workbook .xls file.

When you open up an existing page inside a workbook, you will not be able to save the changes you have made to the page unless you follow these steps:

After you've made your changes to a "page" you need to either

1) Select the "Book" menu option and then pick "Add to Briefing Book..."

OR

2) If you have the Briefing Book window open, you can click the "Add..." button.

A dialog will pop up with the description "This page will be saved in the current briefing book. To change this page in the future, save another page with the same name."

If you use the same name as the name of the page you are editing, it will pop up a box that says "The page ... (your page name) ... already exists in the Briefing Book. Do you want to replace the existing page?"

If you pick "Yes" and then publish your briefing book to the ProClarity Analytics Server (PAS) or save the book you will have saved the edits and changes you made to the ProClarity chart or graph.

g
    • Marked as answer by Croix Monday, March 21, 2011 1:21 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 1:21 AM