none
Recovery Point of Database is getting created every fifteen minutes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have configured SQL DB backup in DPM for three SQL Servers keeping 15 min Synchronization with Seven days of Retention Range, daily backup (just one RP in a day) . I have configured backup of Master, Model and msdb database, below is the scenario i observed:

Recovery Point for Model database of all three SQL servers and Recovery Point of msdb database of Server3  is getting created every 15 min. Rest of the DBs showing one RP per day as per my configuration 

What should i do keep just one RP for the Database who's RP getting created in 15 min interval?

Please help.

Pramodh.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Change the recovery model for those two databases back to simple, then stop protection and retain replica.  When you re-protect the databases, use the "refresh" button to expand out the SQL server.  DPM will see that the databases are now in simple recovery mode and will only schedule express full backups.

More details on changing recovery model here.

More details on using the refresh button here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 4:00 PM