Unable to create new site RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint 2007 extranet site which is utilited “Form Authentication”. I found out that I no long be able to create new site (see the following error)

Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.SetListProps(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Boolean bMigrate)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.SetListProps(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Boolean bMigrate)

The new sites were created but there were problems with site’s permission that  the “People and Groups” were missed? I following the suggestions on the web.  Check the sql log file for the contents and admin dbs which seems fine. I always use the same account (site collection admin) to create sites so it should not be a permission issue.  Other than that, I did play around with the user profiles services recently (I tried to enable local user login in addition to the form authentication login).  I just went back to the central admin and delete all user profiles and disable profile service. But I still got the same error. I really appreciate if you can help me out. Thank you.

Friday, December 14, 2012 3:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• After I did more research, I found out it is possible because the SP2 upgraded cause this problem. Couple week ago, I did a Windows updates on the server and did not reconigze that the updates include SharePoint 2007 SP2. I just check at central administration, my current version is 12.0.0.6545 which is SP2 + August 2010 Cumulative update. Anyone has any idea if the update can cause the problem I am having and if there is any solution? 
    Friday, December 14, 2012 4:30 PM
  • Have you run the configuration wizard to apply the SP2 changes?

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Friday, December 14, 2012 6:14 PM
  • No. I have not. This is what I think plan to try after I have a good backup. I found out the only problem I have right now is that I cannot create a new site with a template (blank site is OK). Everything else looks fine.
    Friday, December 14, 2012 8:10 PM
  • You need to run the configuration wizard after any SharePoint update including service packs, whether installed manually or automatically.

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

• Marked as answer by eg10013 Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:21 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 8:13 PM
  • After run the configuration wizard, everything is back to normal. Thank you.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:22 AM