none
MS Project pro reports RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to determine how to create a custom resource report that I can sort by the group then resource fields. I can not seem to generate a report that allows me to select the correct fields. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:41 PM

All replies

• Pwalk21,

What version of Project are you using? If you are using Project 2013 or later are you looking to create a dashboard report or are you simply trying to sort/group one of the basic Project views (e.g. Gantt Chart, Task Usage, Resource Usage, etc.)?

Which fields are you trying to group by? If you are using Project's grouping feature, you may need to check the option to "group assignments, not resources" just below the field selection on the Group Definition window.

More details on what you are trying to do would help tremendously.

John

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:56 PM
  • John,

I am using Project Pro 2016. I would like a dashboard resource report of useage that shows my resources allocation across time and sortable by the group field. There are just too many resources that without the group sort the data return is too much to read. I can group and filter in the resource sheet just trying to get that to stick in the reporting.

Thank you,

Pete

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 5:43 PM
  • Pete,

Okay, thanks for that information. Unfortunately I can't help you since I don't have Project 2016. Hopefully someone else will jump in with assistance.

John

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:20 PM
  • John,

Thank you for the try.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:22 PM