question about information management policy settings RRS feed

• Question

• Platform - MOSS SharePoint 2007 Service Pack 1

I have a user who wants, for 2 specific document libraries, to set an expiration date on the documents there. He doesn't have the permissions to set that, but as spsadmin, I do.

I have read how I go to the document library settings, under permissions and management click on information management policy settings, and then set the parameters.

When I do that, I notice that I am not able to set the policy name - it is fixed at "Documents". I was wanting to mark it as being specific to the document library.

This led me to wonder - if I set this policy via this link, is it setting a policy just for this one site's specific document library, or is it setting a policy that will apply to other document libraries - or worse - to all document libraries?

I don't see an answer to this question in the pages that I have been reading. Does anyone know, for certain?

Also, is setting this link the only thing that I need to do - or is there any thing else that I need to do?

Thursday, May 10, 2012 12:43 PM

Answers

• hi,

the document is a content type assigned to doc lib.

also for each / individual doc lib there is a separate / individual policy.

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

• Marked as answer by lwvirden Friday, May 18, 2012 2:39 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2012 12:20 PM