how many ADFS instances are needed? RRS feed

• Question

• We already have an ADFS instance setup for our Office 365 implementation and have just purchased another company. As a temporary step before a merge of their accounts into our AD we want to setup ADFS.

I need to know if there would be any conflict with creating a new ADFS cluster for the temporary B2B setup with our current ADFS o365 implementation. The merger politics are still being worked out so all I am sure of is that I need access between our 2 companies on 7/1; will ADFS work for me? Is it my best choice?

Thanks for the help.

Leednc

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:05 PM

Answers

• There is no limitations in term of number of ADFS instance you can create within the same domain or forest. So I'd say go for the easiest way to manage your configuration. The administrative overhead and delegation model (who are administering the ADFS servers) will be your criteria.

Others?

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Marked as answer by LeeDnc Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:11 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2016 6:32 PM