none
New Project using Enterprise Project Types disabled in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• From Project Center within PWA 2010, I am tring to create a new project.  All of the Enterprise Project Types including the Basic Project Plan are grayed out with a message "This control is currently disabled"  I have reviews all my permissions and do not see any issues with my permissioning (I have full access as an Admin and have verified that there are no denies against my user.  Any thoughts on how this feature became disabled and how I might reenable?

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi

Have you checked your PDP's are all setup / accessible and visible? I believe I have seen this before when they are not set up correctly. 

Also, is the rest of the Project Center ribbon working correctly, i have seen issues in the past where the JS had freaked out and disabled things.

Let us know, I will try on one of my 2010 instances and see if I can get a repro

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:55 AM
  • Hi,

Check if the issue is happening from a single machine or multiple machine.

If it is happening from a single machine then, clear the Internet explorer cache, add the PWA site to trusted site, Under tools-->Compatibility view settings  add the website and check the behaviour.

If the issue is happening from multiple machines then, open the SharePoint PowerShell as an administrator and run the below two commands

$web=get-spweb http://projectserver2010pwaurl

$web.Allproperties | format-table

From the result of the second command Check PWAURL is showing the correct url. If the PWAURL is not the correct url, then run the below 2 commands.

$web.AllProperties[“PWAURL”]=””

$web.Update()

Friday, August 16, 2013 12:10 AM
  • Agreeing with Krishnp and Alex on their steps.  I've seen something similar when we disabled a feature (such as the Bulk Import), but my cached version of the page was looking for it (or something).

Also check the department associations for the EPT and your account - although I doubt that's the case if the Basic Project is greyed out.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Friday, August 16, 2013 2:06 AM