Skype for Business Contact list - Contacts shared to iOS contacts displaying incorrectly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Strange issue here, that I cant quite get my head around.

I am playing about with the use of the Skype for Business Mobile client (primarily on iOS - but others mobile OSes are in use) and the use of the "Skype for Business Contacts" address list from outlook being shared/viewed within the "contacts" app on the mobile.

When I open the "Skype for Business Contacts" address list from within the Contacts app on the phone, some contacts display fine, however some others seem to have become corrupted/merged (one contact, for example, when I open them it shows 3 users email addresses associated with them!!!) and others seem to display our company name as the user name (i.e. if our company name was "Fourth Coffee Ltd" I currently see about 15 contacts out of the 40 odd I have, displaying their name as "Fourth Coffee Ltd").

Of course, if I view these contacts in Outlook, Skype for Business on the desktop or even Skype for Business mobile client they look fine!

So technically this isn't related to the SfB mobile client at all I don't think, but rather how the iOS client is reading the contact list from my exchange inbox?

I thought it might be related to maybe some old contacts in my phone/address lists - but this issue is repeatable on any phone, for any user.

Thoughts anyone???

The key thing I want to achieve is a company shared contacts list that has everyone in it, that can then be searchable from iOS - it seems that the GAL doesn't sync - we used to have a contact list (public folder...arrrghhh!!) that users could copy into their own contacts list and that fitted our needs, but after a recent rebranding exercise we decided now was the time to clean up any legacy issues and decide on a way forward - I had hope that using Skype contacts would be the way forward.

Maybe I'm just trying to achieve the impossible with the skype contacts?

Thanks

Paul Adam

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

Did you try to share contacts on Android to have a test?

To this issue, we suggest you update the IOS to the latest. Then we suggest you check reverse proxy setting for Skype for business server 2015 by the following link:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh690011(v=ocs.15).aspx
    Notice: this link also apply to Skype for business server 2015.  

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, February 13, 2017 9:41 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:38 AM