The labels from Office client or AIP Client are not same as labels gotten by Get-Template RRS feed

• Question

• The labels from AIP client are as the picture shows. I reflect MSIP.Viewer.exe, actually invoke SafeNativeMethods.IpcGetTemplateList in IpcManagedAPI.dll.
    But I get templates or lables by Get-Template, there templates are not same as labels from Office client.

I have some questions:

1. How to get all labels, by Get-Template or other ways?
    2. Get-Template cannot load only MARKING chose?

3.  Set a label which  contains header or watermark by office word client, set header or watermark successfully.
      Set a label which contains header or watermark by powershell Set-AIPFileLabel, header or watermark cannot be set.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:07 AM

All replies

• You are confusing Azure Information Protection labels with protection templates. The Azure Information client can see and apply labels, which include classification, visual markings, conditions, and protection. When you create a label with protection settings, under the covers, it creates a protection template with the same settings.  Office applications can natively see and use protection templates, but need the Azure Information Protection client installed to see and use labels.

Unlike protection templates, you cannot use PowerShell to manage labels - only apply them and read them when applied on files.

When you set a label on a file by using PowerShell, visual markings get applied when the file is next opened by an Office application and then saved: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/information-protection/deploy-use/configure-policy-markings#when-visual-markings-are-applied

Saturday, May 19, 2018 12:51 AM