none
IE 10 feature question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was a heavy Chrome user before I bought the Windows 8 and start using IE 10. Despite my bad experience with previous IE versions, I decide to take a look of the new IE 10 and I definitely loving it.

It seems lighter on resource than Chrome but lacking some functionality that I usually use on Chrome. I was wondering if IE 10 provide these functions below, or will it be supported on future release?

• Closing multiple tabs: On chrome, I was able to close tabs to the right ( keep all tabs to the left )
    • Opening text link: context menu when selecting a link text ( open selected link on a new tab )

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Surya,

Thank you for your feedback!

1. Internet Explorer 10 cannot close multiple tabs. You can close one tab or all tabs.
    2. There is no method to change the highlight color.

Thanks for your suggestions and I will forward this issue to the development team as well

Thank you for your support and appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Blair Deng

blair deng

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1.right click on a tab to display its context menu... (Close all tabs there)

2. Ctrl+click

general... Help>Internet Explorer Help (f1).... type in your question... a list of suggested answers and links will be displayed.

for consumer questions about IE select the Help>Online Support menu from Ie and follow the links for your windows and IE versions.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 11:00 PM
  • Hi Rob,

thanks for the ctrl + click, that would help me a lot.

however about the close other tabs, let say I have 10 tabs opened, and I want tab number 5 to 10 disappear. On chrome I would right click tab number 4 and chose close tabs to the right ( keeping tab number 1 to 4 ).

How do I do that on IE 10?

Got another question.
    How can I change search in page highlight color? Blue is not friendly

[Update]

Sorry Rob, have to take back my thanks

CTRL + Click only works for hyperlinks. I was asking about a text link ( link on forum post wrapped with [CODE] tag )

• Edited by Surya Sasmita Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:35 AM added more information
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 6:59 AM
  • Hi Surya,

Thank you for your feedback!

1. Internet Explorer 10 cannot close multiple tabs. You can close one tab or all tabs.
    2. There is no method to change the highlight color.

Thanks for your suggestions and I will forward this issue to the development team as well

Regards,

Blair Deng

blair deng

Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:39 AM
  • Hi Blair

could you also forward about the link wrapped in code tag, on chrome I can usually just highlight the link then context menu will show "open [HIGHLIGHTED LINK]"

thanks for your help

Sunday, August 11, 2013 5:47 AM
  • Hi Surya,

Thanks for your suggestions and I will forward this issue to the development team as well.

Regards,

Blair Deng

blair deng

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:39 AM