Distribution Groups and missing items RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I have a SBS 2011 server in place which includes Exchange 2010. I have been having troubles with 2 different scenario's, but I think they are likely related. The first scenario is when a user creates a meeting invite for a public calendar and sends the request out to a distribution list, the user who created the request doesn't get the invite for their personal calendar.

The second scenario is we had tried to include a public folder in a distribution list so that for example invoices could be send to the group and it would also be filled in the public folder. When an email is sent to the group, the public folder fails to receive the email. No errors are found in the event logs or are returned to the sender. It appears as though it should have worked.

Any idea's what i might try, so far i haven't been able to find any info to a similar situation. THanks for any tips.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hello Daniel,

If your public folder is mail enabled, and have added in the distribution group,it should receive the meeting request.

If you didn't see the meeting request in the public folder, I suggest you use this command to check for the issue:

Get-Messagetrackinglog -Sender user@domain.com -recipients publicfolder@domain.com

Get-MessageTrackingLog

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997573.aspx

Thanks,

Evan Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Evan Liu Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:54 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:23 AM

All replies

• To further expand on one of my items. I did just check the message tracking console and according to the reports a meeting invite will get delievered to the user, but it doesn't appear in the users outlook or OWA. Could that issue be related to a mailbox issue?
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:31 PM
  • Hello Daniel,

If your public folder is mail enabled, and have added in the distribution group,it should receive the meeting request.

If you didn't see the meeting request in the public folder, I suggest you use this command to check for the issue:

Get-Messagetrackinglog -Sender user@domain.com -recipients publicfolder@domain.com

Get-MessageTrackingLog

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997573.aspx

Thanks,

Evan Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Evan Liu Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:54 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:23 AM
  • Hello,

How about the issue, any updates?