none
Mouse Pointer Position Hotkeys RRS feed

• General discussion

• I wall start by saying, as far as all this scripting goes. I only know that it's called scripting.

That being said. Here is what I need : A way to toggle the ability to snap my mouse pointer to predefined coordinates on the screen by pressing a button. At least up to 8 positions. Use of the Num pad would be optimal. 

If anyone can point me in the right direction or, if i'm lucky, just hook me up. I'd be greatful.

Thank you in advance...   TheEnemy  (It's just a name)

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:54 AM

All replies

• Snipping is not part of scripting as are snooping or sniping.

What you are asking is something that aged programmers have been trying to accommplish for decades.  It is the holey-canoli grail of computing.  Ever since the first mouse was invented we have been trying to acommplish that feat.  Unfortunately the lowly mouse is way too wild and undisciplined to get him to behave in such  a way.

I would recommend hiring what we call a "mouse butler".  This fellow will place your mouse wherever you like and do so very cautiously.

Short of that, what you ask cannot be done.

============

=============

Seriously now, this is a forum for technicians who use scripting to administer computers.  There is no need to move mouses on the screen. Windows does not let us operate the mouse remotely or from a batch file.  What you are asking is technically impossible with a script without special external software.

If you are looking to automate a game then I recommend posting in a gaming forum as some gamers have some pretty cool tools.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:38 AM
  • As I said. I have no clue about this stuff. It is in fact for a game. Someone else multiboxes as I do and they showed me a video of their mouse jumping to the fire button on each window. He explained that it was a script someone else created for him that simply moved the mouse to predefined coordinates on the screen. Of course he wouldnt share it with me. So after much searching I decided to type "Scripting Forum" in google and here I am. Apparently it can be done. But I lack the knowhow. Just looking for a little assistance. If you know the gaming forum I should be referring to, please leave a link.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:34 AM
  • There are scripting utilites that are not by Microsoft that are used to build diagnostic code.  They can move the mouse and send clicks. 

http://ahkscript.org/

THis forum does not support gaming or hot key scripting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:01 AM
  • Thanks. I think i'll find what I'm looking for there. I asked for a redirect and you delivered. Much appreciated.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 10:29 AM