contacts issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user who has hundreds of contacts in his outlook 2019 software. Randomly it will change information, delete contacts or even duplicate them. I backed them up into another address book called personal so when issue did happen I could see what changed or if contact got deleted. After a few days we looked at a few random ones and we did notice a couple were missing and a couple other ones the personal information changed such as deleted or changed phone number, address, etc.

No other users are experiencing this issue. What is the easiest way to further troubleshoot this issue as he needs to get the contacts on his telephones as well so they have to stay his main contacts unless there is a way to switch it.

Thursday, May 28, 2020 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Welcome to our forum.

What's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange?
    Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? If so, what specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?

>>No other users are experiencing this issue.
    To further confirm your issue, please try to compare the Outlook version between you and other users. It is suggested for you to update your Outlook to the same version as others and see if the issue has any difference.

As I know, Outlook client will not automatically change users' information. If you are using exchange accounts, please check if you have set others users as your delegate or logged in to your email accounts in other places so that other users could modify your information.

In order to conduct further researches on your issue, please try the following suggestions:

1. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    2. Antivirus software programs may corrupt files related to Outlook and cause issues like this. Please try exiting the antivirus software and other programs to see if it works.
    3. If the issue continues, please try repairing your Office installation.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:31 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 7:15 AM