none
Excel 2010 reporting with Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Our company purchased SharePoint Server 2013 and Project Server 2013, mainly for the reporting/BI attributes. I read that the report templates, etc. that can be used by Project Server web app can only be accessed with Excel 2013?? Does that mean that our group/customers have to upgrade to Excel 2013 to take advantage of the Excel Services? This is a huge deal. Can you please let me know as soon as possible? Yikes!! :-O

Monday, March 23, 2015 3:35 PM

Answers

• Yes, Excel 2010 doesn't support some of the features like power view.

You must upgrade to excel 2013 to utilize the complete functionality of Power BI.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Monday, March 23, 2015 7:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, Excel 2010 is still supported by Project Server 2013.

See here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee683978.aspx

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, March 23, 2015 4:00 PM
  • Thanks for your suggestion. I looked at the link and then followed another link on the page about software and BI stuff.  This is what I saw:

"The data available for reporting includes timesheet custom fields, project properties, and portfolio planner and optimizer data. Project Server can also generate online analytical processing (OLAP) cubes containing this information.

Each instance of Project Web App includes a set of sample reports and templates. These reports are contained within Excel 2013 workbooks and are designed to be used with Excel Services in SharePoint Server 2013."

What does that mean?

Thanks for helping!

Monday, March 23, 2015 4:40 PM
  • Yes, Excel 2010 doesn't support some of the features like power view.

You must upgrade to excel 2013 to utilize the complete functionality of Power BI.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Monday, March 23, 2015 7:46 PM