setting script Execution in GPO RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to enable Script Execution for APPV clients through GPO.

There are 3 options:

1. Allow only signed scripts

2. Allow local scripts and remote signed scripts

3. Allow All.

I guess option 2 will be the right one.

Option 1 is not enough. Yes? No?

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:05 PM

Answers

• That depends on the scripts ;-)

To run App-V's 'native' scripts and commands (like get-appvclientsomething), local+remote-signed is the choice.

But if you want to create your own powershell scripts (and don't want/can sign them), you'd need to use a relaxed policy (Allow all).

Remember that - besides the Powershell execution policy - also the App-V client itself has to be enabled to run scripts if you want to use scripts within the App-V packages

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

• Marked as answer by pob579 Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:56 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:56 PM

All replies

• That depends on the scripts ;-)

To run App-V's 'native' scripts and commands (like get-appvclientsomething), local+remote-signed is the choice.

But if you want to create your own powershell scripts (and don't want/can sign them), you'd need to use a relaxed policy (Allow all).

Remember that - besides the Powershell execution policy - also the App-V client itself has to be enabled to run scripts if you want to use scripts within the App-V packages

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

• Marked as answer by pob579 Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:56 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:56 PM
  • First part is clear (this is what I wanted to hear :))

>Remember that - besides the Powershell execution policy - also the App-V client itself has to be enabled to run scripts if you want to use scripts within the App-V packages

I enabled PS Scriptiong in APPV client GPO. I know that it is required for O2013 for example.

So you mean this? : 

-- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:20 PM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:10 PM
  • yes.

Falko

Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:36 PM