none
MAP w/ Office 2007, Interop, and Windows 7 = Won't start RRS feed

• Question

• Then I noticed that it INVENTORIES Windows 7, and only BETA was supported.  Running 64 bit w/4gb  - Ultimate RTM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:25 AM

All replies

• Works on my machine :)

Seriously though, if this is still an issue can you please provide a bit more details about the error your encountering?  Are you saying that MAPS does not inventory 64bit Win7 Machines?  If this is true then I suspect that there may be a configuration issue or some other conflict…What exactly is the error you are seeing?

Thanks,

Eric

Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:33 PM
  • I start it, and get this error message.  (One Note translated the picture)

The following prerequisite software is not installed. Please install the prerequisite software before continuing:

word: The wizard requires Microsoft word Interop Support for generating reports. Microsoft word Interop is not installed. You will need to install Microsoft word interop support and run the wizard again. For Office 2003, download and install the Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies redistributable package from the Microsoft Download Center. For Office 2007, run the Office 2007 installer and enable the NET Programmability feature for Microsoft word.

Word Interop Support?  Won't install.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 5:22 AM
  • Word and Excel and the Interop files are required prerequisites to running MAPS:

• Microsoft Word 2007 or Microsoft Word 2003 SP2 (we recommend Microsoft Word 2007)
    • Microsoft Excel 2007 or Microsoft Excel 2003 SP2  (we recommend Microsoft Excel 2007)
    • Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies - For Microsoft Office 2003 - these will be automatically installed by the setup wizard if they are not already installed. For Microsoft 2007 Office - You will need to install them from the Microsoft 2007 Office setup files.
    • Installation of all updates for the operating system and Microsoft Office. Note that in some cases application updates may not be automatically installed. Go to http://update.microsoft.com  to download updates for your computer.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc297228.aspx

Let me know if you have any more questions or issues.

Thanks,

Eric

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 5:32 PM