none
Auto Login not working with Win10 1703 build. How can I fix this? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks. I know there is another thread for this already but no one is answering me in regards to a step by step on how to actually implement the Powershell script that is shown as the answer in that thread so I'm asking here.  How exactly, step by step, do I configure my task sequence so that after a reboot in the task sequence the machine will auto logon and continue or complete the entire task sequence.  Ever since 1703 this has stopped working which is causing me a lot of problems.  Help would be very very appreciated.  Thanks.
    Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I've personally never seen this autologon problem with W10 1703.

Try to configure your local admin password in customsettings.ini. Do not configure password when you create your task sequence. This is also much easier way to manage local admin password and change it afterwards if needed (no need to modify unattend.xml directly)

AdminPassword=MySuperSecretPassword123
    Edit: Note that this will overrwrite password that is now in unattend.xml so no need to modify unattend.xml files.

• Edited by kniem Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:10 PM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

I've personally never seen this autologon problem with W10 1703.

Try to configure your local admin password in customsettings.ini. Do not configure password when you create your task sequence. This is also much easier way to manage local admin password and change it afterwards if needed (no need to modify unattend.xml directly)

AdminPassword=MySuperSecretPassword123
    Edit: Note that this will overrwrite password that is now in unattend.xml so no need to modify unattend.xml files.

Thank you for the reply but I actually figured it out from the other thread for this and my placement of my powershell command was wrong in the sequence.  Thank you though.
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:31 PM