How to find out E1/PRI Signaling (QSIG, Euro-ISDN)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our client is using a traditional "NEC NEAX 2000 IPS" PABX system with a single E1/PRI trunk and various analog lines. I am in the planning phase of Enterprise Voice solution migration from this NEC PABX to Lync 2010. After contacting N.E.T. company for PSTN Gateway BOM and requesting a downstream model (call forking via NEC & Lync co-existence), NET is asking to find out the signaling mechanism used by the E1/PRI trunk whether it is  QSIG or Euro-ISDN? The customer do not know how to find it out and the PSTN provider is too lousy to answer the call. Please help me find out the way I can discover if the existing E1/PRI trunk is QSIG or Euro-ISDN?

Thanks,

Monday, September 17, 2012 11:33 AM

Answers

• STC technical people are hard to find and reach. Finally, I got the answer. The signaling protocol used for E1/ISDN-PRI is a CAS variant called "R2". However, now a days, STC has started replacing all their E1s/ISDN-PRI trunks with SIP/IP trunks. No more E1.

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:36 AM

All replies

• Perhaps you can examine the current configuration of NEC PBX ((or talk to the folks who support it) and draw conclusion from there.

Drago

http://www.lynclog.com

Monday, September 17, 2012 12:09 PM
  • Hi,

Such information can be collected from the Telephony Provider (the Teleco company), and usually uniqu per countery. It is rarely QSIG and most propaply Euro-ISDN if those are the only choices.

What is your countery? and What is your Teleco?

Best Regards,
    Hany Taha | UC/Voice Infrastructure Consultant | Technical Consultancy Services | Nile.Com | Mobile: +20 (10) 01686836

Monday, September 17, 2012 1:38 PM

Telco: Saudi Telecom Company

Monday, September 17, 2012 1:39 PM
  • Well, you can make a simple call to a STC technician and he will give you the required parameters, so you can transfer them to NET.

As far as I know, there will be no deference in the box they will offer to you. VX1200/VX1800 as advanced gateway or UX1000/UX2000 as SBA. and all work with most ISDN protocols.

By the way, Sonus announced its acquisition of NET few days ago, see http://hanytaha.wordpress.com/2012/08/30/net-is-now-sonus/

Best Regards,
    Hany Taha | UC/Voice Infrastructure Consultant | Technical Consultancy Services | Nile.Com | Mobile: +20 (10) 01686836

Monday, September 17, 2012 3:36 PM
  • STC technical people are hard to find and reach. Finally, I got the answer. The signaling protocol used for E1/ISDN-PRI is a CAS variant called "R2". However, now a days, STC has started replacing all their E1s/ISDN-PRI trunks with SIP/IP trunks. No more E1.

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:36 AM
  • Hi , As I have Worked in KSA and faced the same issue before , I know that STC in now only Providing SIP Trunk , No More TDM E1

so all signaling information is based on SIP protocol , no  more SS7 signaling

you should get below Info from STC to configure your SIP trunk :

Customer IP Address =     10.x.x.x/30

STC IP Address =                 10.x.x.x/30

Protocol= SIP

SIP Port = 5060

Transport Protocol=UDP

Voice Codec= G711 A-Law

DTMF = IN-Band DTMF with RFC2833

SIP Server IP address = 10.x.x.x

Sunday, December 2, 2012 1:46 PM