none
Windows 10 Enterprise Lock screen doesn't exist RRS feed

• Question

• having tried out on a few windows 10 Enterprise builds it appears the Lcok screen no longer exisits

If you press windows + L or CTRL+ALT+DEL to lock the workstation it just goes back to the standard login screen and you have to log in again with no awareness of any other sessions being available. this means that everytime a user locks their workstation has to type username and password again.

What this also highlights is that the personalisation doesn't work. I would like to be able to do corporate branding on workstaions for both logon screen and lock screen background but this does not work either via local setting or GPO.

The GPO does work as it has taken affect on windows 8 and server 2012 r2 installs

Has anyone else seen or solved this issue...just asking before i log a call with premier 

Friday, August 14, 2015 8:22 PM

Answers

• On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 20:22:07 +0000, irweazel eq wrote:

having tried out on a few windows 10 Enterprise builds it appears the Lcok screen no longer exisits

If you press windows + L or CTRL+ALT+DEL to lock the workstation it just goes back to the standard login screen and you have to log in again with no awareness of any other sessions being available. this means that everytime a user locks their workstation has to type username and password again.

I'm running Enterprise gold and the lock screen works as expected for me
    both when using Windows Key+L and CTRL+ALT+DEL.

What this also highlights is that the personalisation doesn't work. I would like to be able to do corporate branding on workstaions for both logon screen and lock screen background but this does not work either via local setting or GPO.

The GPO does work as it has taken affect on windows 8 and server 2012 r2 installs

Has anyone else seen or solved this issue...just asking before i log a call with premier

Not sure about the lock screen but I do know for sure that currently you
    cannot customize the login screen. Microsoft currently feels that providing
    the ability to change the image on the login screen is a security risk.
    They are collecting feedback about this decision but for now, that is not
    possible.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP

Saturday, August 15, 2015 4:03 AM
  • What this also highlights is that the personalisation doesn't work. I would like to be able to do corporate branding on workstaions for both logon screen and lock screen background but this does not work either via local setting or GPO.

Hi,

For lock screen image, I have no issue as Paul.

Do you mean you need to type user name and password every time after locking screen?

This could be caused by this GP, please check:

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Interactive logon: Do not display last user name
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Cc785301(v=WS.10).aspx

If this GP is enabled, the login screen will be like this:

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:59 AM
    Owner

All replies

• On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 20:22:07 +0000, irweazel eq wrote:

having tried out on a few windows 10 Enterprise builds it appears the Lcok screen no longer exisits

I'm running Enterprise gold and the lock screen works as expected for me
    both when using Windows Key+L and CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Not sure about the lock screen but I do know for sure that currently you
    cannot customize the login screen. Microsoft currently feels that providing
    the ability to change the image on the login screen is a security risk.
    They are collecting feedback about this decision but for now, that is not
    possible.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP

Saturday, August 15, 2015 4:03 AM
  • What this also highlights is that the personalisation doesn't work. I would like to be able to do corporate branding on workstaions for both logon screen and lock screen background but this does not work either via local setting or GPO.

Hi,

For lock screen image, I have no issue as Paul.

Do you mean you need to type user name and password every time after locking screen?

This could be caused by this GP, please check:

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Interactive logon: Do not display last user name
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Cc785301(v=WS.10).aspx

If this GP is enabled, the login screen will be like this:

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:59 AM
    Owner