Creating Multiple list items based on the Values in the Checkbox field :Sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

My current project requires that I create multiple list items in List B  based on the values selected in the checkbox field under list A

So for example, List A has a field named as Type of Error (select multiple values). I create an item in List A and select multiple values (for eg: Name, Address) from the list of available values

What I want to happen next is , two list items should be automatically created in List B with each of them referring to the type of error respectively, in this case List B will have two Items: Item 1 with Type:Name and Item 2 with Type:Address.

I have access to Sharepoint designer 2007 and would appreciate any help, tips or workarounds.

List A			     List B	
    ID	1		     ID	1
    Title	Case 1		     Title Tassk1
    Name	Customer Name	     Name  Customer Name
    Error	1. Name	             Error	Name
    	2. Address			
    			     ID	2
    			     Title Tassk1
    			     Name Customer Name
    			     Error Address

Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:18 PM

All replies

• I don't think you can do this using SharePoint Designer workflow. You may need to do this programmatically (Server OM in Visual studio workflow) or using SharePoint web service. Refer to the following post to insert items to a list using script and web service. You can add the script code to the list new form using SharePoint designer. Refer to the following post for more information

http://sharepointserved.blogspot.com/2011/08/insert-sharepoint-list-item-from-web.html

Cheers,

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 1:46 PM