none
XML template for Windows 10 Start & Taskbar customization deployed via Group Policy

Question

• First post on here, so please go easy :) !!

Im currently trying to quick fix a deployment another engineer has fudged and need some assistance with XML. Im fairly new to it but seem to be picking it up fairly quickly.

I created an output via PowerShell by running the Export-StartLayout to create a template file for my START MENU. I then deployed this via group policy and it worked a treat. I could see all my apps I wanted to shortcut to my start menu. But when I did some googling and tried to then add the customization of the TASKBAR, it doesn't work any more. If I try and open the XML directly, it says the following. 

**End tag was not expected at this location. Error processing resource 'file://*-*-*/Repository/Windows 10/archive/Sta...
        </LayoutModificationTemplate>**

That would say to me that there is something wrong with the </LayoutModificationTemplate> section of the code. I cant find anything that corresponds to it and iv tried taking the / out. But still it errors on the <LayoutModificationTemplate>.

Heres my code. Can anyone help :) !?

<DefaultLayoutOverride>
        <StartLayoutCollection>
          <defaultlayout:StartLayout GroupCellWidth="6" xmlns:defaultlayout="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/FullDefaultLayout">
            <start:Group Name="" xmlns:start="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/StartLayout">
              <start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="2x2" Column="0" Row="0" DesktopApplicationID="Microsoft.Office.OUTLOOK.EXE.15" />
              <start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="2x2" Column="2" Row="0" DesktopApplicationID="{7C5A40EF-A0FB-4BFC-874A-C0F2E0B9FA8E}\Microsoft Office\Office15\WINWORD.EXE" />
              <start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="2x2" Column="4" Row="0" DesktopApplicationID="{7C5A40EF-A0FB-4BFC-874A-C0F2E0B9FA8E}\Microsoft Office\Office15\EXCEL.EXE" />
              <start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="2x2" Column="0" Row="2" DesktopApplicationID="{7C5A40EF-A0FB-4BFC-874A-C0F2E0B9FA8E}\Microsoft Office\Office15\POWERPNT.EXE" />
              <start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="2x2" Column="2" Row="2" DesktopApplicationID="Microsoft.InternetExplorer.Default" />
            </start:Group>
          </defaultlayout:StartLayout>
        </StartLayoutCollection>
      </DefaultLayoutOverride>
    </LayoutModificationTemplate>
    **TOP PART IS ORGINAL XML FROM START CUSTOMIZATION. FROM HERE IS WHAT I ADDED**. 
    <CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection PinListPlacement="Replace">
          <defaultlayout:TaskbarLayout>
            <taskbar:TaskbarPinList>
    <taskbar:DesktopApp DesktopApplicationLinkPath="%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\programs\microsoft Office 2013\word 2013.lnk" />
    <taskbar:DesktopApp DesktopApplicationLinkPath="%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\programs\microsoft Office 2013\excel 2013.lnk" />
    <taskbar:DesktopApp DesktopApplicationLinkPath="%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\programs\microsoft Office 2013\powerPoint 2013.lnk" />
    <taskbar:DesktopApp DesktopApplicationLinkPath="%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\programs\microsoft Office 2013\outlook 2013.lnk" />
    <taskbar:DesktopApp DesktopApplicationLinkPath="%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Windows Explorer.lnk" />
    <taskbar:DesktopApp DesktopApplicationLinkPath="Microsoft.InternetExplorer.Default" />
        </taskbar:TaskbarPinList>
          </defaultlayout:TaskbarLayout>
        </CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection>
    </LayoutModificationTemplate>

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I lose all my hair :) !!

Dan
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 4:04 PM

All replies