WinPE Issue with Storage Driver for HP ProBook 650 G3 RRS feed

• Question

• I just got in some new HP ProBooks and we are trying to get MDT to use our build system to get these installed. We have 2 different MDT deployments setup and one network it works fine but the other will not format the disk because it doenst have the right storage driver.  I have imported all of the HP WinPE 3, 4, 5, 10 drivers and they are on the media to boot the machine but its still not working. I've also download the intel driver from HP for this model and uploaded it as well. How can I check, on the network that does work, which driver its choosing in the preboot environment so I can verify that driver is on the network that isnt working?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. This thing is driving me crazy.

Thanks!

Thursday, November 9, 2017 11:02 PM

All replies

• How are you generating your boot images? You should only import WinPE 10 drivers and then create a selection profile that points to WinPE driver folder and configure your deployment share to use only WinPE drivers during boot image creation.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, November 10, 2017 5:13 AM
  • We mostly have what you say here. The only difference is we have all version of WinPE drivers (3,4,5,10) in there and a few different storage and network drivers that were required for older hardware that didnt work with the default winPE drivers.

Thanks!

Friday, November 10, 2017 2:56 PM
  • I don't see what version of the ADK and/or MDT you are running. 

With every new release of the ADK, Microsoft will add in more drivers into the WinPE image, so you don't have to. I suspect it may be because your new device has an NVMe drive. 

Upgrade your MDT and ADK versions, and update your deployment share to update the boot images. 

If you are still having problems, please upload your bdd.log file to a public site like onedrive and share the link.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Sunday, November 12, 2017 2:13 AM