Generic Bluetooth not functioning RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

From recently my Generic Bluetooth function is not working (Win7 32bit) when i turn on my mobile bluetooth and try to transfer a file this screen there for ever :

http://i53.tinypic.com/25gxoya.jpg

Any suggestions how can i make this bluetooth file transfer work? im using Toshiba L645 laptop.

Thanks

Sam

Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:06 AM

Answers

• Looks like you need to "pair" your Bluetooth device.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, April 11, 2011 9:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, April 15, 2011 6:47 AM
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:02 PM
  • You picture link is no longer valid.

Have you followed the steps to make the device discoverable?  If they are not set to be discoverable, they won't show up.  There should be elpicit instruction in the Owner/User Manual for connecting via Bluetooth.

I know that Bluetooth does in fact work in Windows 7 as I have it running on three different systems and I have no problem pairing devices.

I believe you do not have a Windows 7 problem, but a problem setting up Bluetooth devices to be discoverable and to be paired.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:59 PM

All replies

• Looks like you need to "pair" your Bluetooth device.
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, April 11, 2011 9:41 AM
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:02 PM
  • Hi Sam,

Before you can add a Bluetooth enabled device to your computer, you must do two things to make sure your computer and the device are ready to connect:

· Turn the device on.

· Make it discoverable.

More information:

Add a Bluetooth enabled device to your computer

Add a Bluetooth or other wireless or network device: frequently asked questions

Change settings for a Bluetooth enabled device

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 9:41 AM
  • to pair or to add another device, in the search area some device should be visible. for my noting is visible. i tried 2 different mobiles but its not displaying those device
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 4:54 PM
  • You picture link is no longer valid.

Have you followed the steps to make the device discoverable?  If they are not set to be discoverable, they won't show up.  There should be elpicit instruction in the Owner/User Manual for connecting via Bluetooth.

I know that Bluetooth does in fact work in Windows 7 as I have it running on three different systems and I have no problem pairing devices.

I believe you do not have a Windows 7 problem, but a problem setting up Bluetooth devices to be discoverable and to be paired.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:59 PM