none
Get error "The target principal name is incorrect" when run repadmin /replsum

Question

• Hello anyone there, I got an error when I run repadmin /replsum on my Primary Domain Controller..

What sould I do ? 

Help please...

Thank you in advance.

Monday, March 27, 2017 3:14 AM

All replies

• Hi

Refer that;

Error Message "Target Principal Name is Incorrect" When Manually Replicating Data Between Domain Controllers

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/288167/error-message-target-principal-name-is-incorrect-when-manually-replicating-data-between-domain-controllers

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Monday, March 27, 2017 6:38 AM
  • Hi,

I Just did the step on the articel, but the problem still occurs.

Monday, March 27, 2017 7:00 AM
  • Hi,

The error most of the times occurs when there is a broken secure channel between your domain controllers. Please try the following steps to reset Secure channel.
    1. Stop KDC service and set that to manual.
    2. Run resetpwd /server:SERVER’s IP /userd:USER  /passwordd:*
    3. Start KDC service to test.

Please go through the following articles to get more information:

Resetting Domain Controller Secure Channel – The target principal name is incorrect

http://www.careexchange.in/resetting-domain-controller-secure-channel-the-target-principal-name-is-incorrect/

“The target principal name is incorrect”: Active Directory Domain Controller Replication Issue

https://neilbryan.ca/the-target-principal-name-is-incorrect-active-directory-domain-controller-replication-issue/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 27, 2017 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

I Just did the step on the articel, but the problem still occurs.

For complete steps of troubleshooting;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2090913/troubleshooting-ad-replication-error--2146893022-the-target-principal-name-is-incorrect.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Monday, March 27, 2017 7:30 AM
  • Hi Jordi,

I would not listen on this Burak. He never gives answer to question, he is only posting links what he finds on google and he is giving answers without thinking first. If I listen on his suggestions our dc could be dead now. You can check the post about dc login issue where he post about seize dc roles and second post is to check dc Health. How to check dc Health if we run seize roles first. Be careful

Maybe you can't able to fix,the articles almostly which i provide from offical ms articles.So always first step troubleshoot from vendor's link.

Also you should  a little more respectful,Someone else leads you...

Monday, March 27, 2017 8:42 AM
  • Maybe you can't able to fix,the articles almostly which i provide from offical ms articles.So always first step troubleshoot from vendor's link.

Also you should  a little more respectful,Someone else leads you...

Sorry, Jimmy. I deleted your posts. This can be stated in a respectful way. Burak is truly an expert. But perhaps a respectful way to say it is, "Burak, I almost did the wrong thing. It helps when I (or any OP/Asker) leads with more info to describe the problem. It would also help to include a link to an article with more of an explanation about it and when it makes sense to follow that article."

Because the truth is often we're trying to answer and only know one fifth of the problem. So we're even guessing as to what your symptoms are and what you already tried. The more info, the more accurate the answer. And, yes, We should be clear and not just provide the links... we should describe the scenario that the link helps with. Jimmy, we just need you to explain this in a respectful way. Burak has been incredibly helpful to countless others.

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, March 27, 2017 10:04 PM