[SQL Server 2014]: Recovery Mode: SIMPLE auto change Recovery mode: FULL RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All!

I setting Database Recovery mode: SIMPLE in SQL Server 2014. After to day, Recovry mode: SIMPLE auto change Recovery mode: FULL.

Please help me! Reason and Fix

Thanks All!

Monday, May 6, 2019 6:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Lam,

Thank you for posting here.
    I found the following thread, which seems to be similar to your question, for your reference: "database recovery model changed from "FULL" to "Simple" automatically, what is the reason I can find?"

If this does not help you, I suggest you get more professional advice in the SQL Server forum.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 6, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Thanks Yic Lv. But link not fix

Please, guide me fix it

Monday, May 6, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Hi Lam,

I did some research on this issue, but since the SQL database is not my specialty, I have not determined the reason.

As mentioned in some threads, SQL Server does not automatically modify the recovery model. It must be that some process has been performed before the recovery model changes. If you already have SSMS installed, you can use it to connect to your database server and query the change record of the recovery model through the "Schema Changes History" report provided by the report function to analyze whether some processes have been executed at this time.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by SpecialEd9289 Friday, June 14, 2019 2:59 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by SpecialEd9289 Friday, June 14, 2019 3:00 PM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:46 AM