none
How do you do a TTM in Time Intelligence. RRS feed

• Question

• Month:month-11 will give you all 12 months that isn't exactly what I want. I want all 12 months together.

Thanks,
    Larry 
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:00 PM

Answers

• How are you trying to utilize this TI filter and what does your item that you are linking to it look like (how is it setup?)?  If you just using this as a background filter you should be fine, but if you are trying to use this to filter the members on the columns or rows then you will see the results like you stated.  Guess I might need some more information on how you are trying to utilize this and what you are expecting in your scorecard or report item as results to give you some options.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by LarryBiStack Monday, June 22, 2009 2:21 PM
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 1:38 PM

All replies

• "I want all 12 months together." .. do you mean sum of last twelve months? ..

Anyway, You can navigate around your time/calendar dimension using Link Formula . It supports MDX functions like Parent, LastChild,FirstChild etc.
    Check this for more info.

About syntax for Time Intelligence expressions

Hope this will be helpful.
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:29 PM
  • From the sounds of it you want to setup an Aggregate member in your SSAS database.  Not sure if this is based of an SSAS source or not.  You can setup this type of Time Intelligence in the SSAS database.

Aggregate (MDX) - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms145524.aspx

There are some options that you can look at to implement Time Intelligence and Aggregate members like this in your cube:

Time Calculations Whitepaper - http://www.obs3.com/pdf/A%20Different%20Approach%20to%20Time%20Calculations%20in%20SSAS.pdf

DateTool - http://www.sqlbi.eu/Default.aspx?tabid=87

You can utilize some VBA functions to get at current date to setup a dynamic rolling period or if you need to be able to handle this to be more specific then you can setup a dimension member in your date dimension to be able to know what is the current reporting month.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, June 19, 2009 11:38 AM
  • How are you trying to utilize this TI filter and what does your item that you are linking to it look like (how is it setup?)?  If you just using this as a background filter you should be fine, but if you are trying to use this to filter the members on the columns or rows then you will see the results like you stated.  Guess I might need some more information on how you are trying to utilize this and what you are expecting in your scorecard or report item as results to give you some options.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by LarryBiStack Monday, June 22, 2009 2:21 PM
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 1:38 PM
  • Correct Sir, If I use the background filter I will get the information that I require. Filters on columns and rows will split the Data into their dimension attributes. Thanks, Larry
    Monday, June 22, 2009 2:56 PM